Emmy-nominated actress best known for her roles on The Big Bang Theory and Blossom, Bailik possesses a doctorate in neuroscience from UCLA. She wrote her thesis on the hypomathic regulation in people with Prader-Willi Syndrome. Currently, she works towards developing curricula and encouraging young children and women to pursue science.
Well-known for her portrayal of ‘Phoebe’ in the classic show Friends, Kudrow earned a Bachelor of Science in Psychobiology from Vassar College in New York. She then worked with her father, who was a headache specialist, for eight years on his study on the likelihood of left-handed individuals developing cluster headaches.
One of the best-known actresses of the mid-20th century, Lamarr was key in the invention of a frequency-hopping communications spectrum. The technology was use by the military – specifically during the Cuban missile crisis in 1962 – and has more recently been used in wireless technologies like cellphones. Through her invention, Lamarr became the first woman to receive the Invention Convention’s BULBIE Gnass Spirit of Achievement Award in 1997.
Oscar and Golden Globe-winning actress Natalie Portmann was a semi-finalist in the Intel Science Talent Search competition, one of the most elite and demanding high school research competitions in the world. Her project investigated a new, environment-friendly method of converting waste into useful forms of energy. She graduated with honours and her academic achievements allowed her to attend Harvard University to study neuroscience and the evolution of the mind.
Have a safe and happy day with your valentine, everyone! I’m sure you won them over using one of the punny pick up lines below. Enjoy!
- Baby, everytime i see you, my cardiovascular system gets all worked up
- You know why Men are so much sexier than women? Because you can’t spell sexy without “xy”.
- I wish I were adenine because then I could get paired with U.
- Babe you must be a neuron, because you got some action potential
- We have great chemistry, let’s do some biology
- If I was an endoplasmic reticulum, how would you want me: smooth or rough?
- I want to stick to you like glue-cose
- My psychiatrist sent me for an MRI because she thinks I have a magnetic personality.
- It’s a good thing you’ve got evaporative cooling, cause i’m gonna make you sweat ,
- Let’s make like a transcription factor and response element and turn things on.
- Do you like Science?, cause tonight your gonna sample my DNA
- Let’s work out our orbicularis oris muscles together!
- Want to be the substrate to my enzyme?
- What say we slip between my beta-pleated sheets and you get to know my alpha-helix?
- Baby, i’m gonna break you like a large non-polar substance breaks a phospholipid bilayer!
- Baby, you must be a start codon because you are turning me on.
- You’re so hot you denature my proteins
- If i was an enzyme, i’d be DNA helicase so i could unzip your genes
- If you were a concentration gradient I’d go down on you
- Girl whenever I am near you, I undergo anaerobic respiration because you take my breath away
- Hey baby, wanna form a zygote?
- I don’t need neurons to stimulate your sensory system.
- Hey baby, can I be your enzyme? because my active site is dying for a chemical reaction.
We’ve got you covered this Valentines day, physicists.
- Your lab bench, or mines?
- Wanna dance? I can really put your inertia in motion
- Wanna couple our equations tonight?
- I know the spring constant to my mattress. Want to take some data?
- Like an ideal vacuum, you’re the only thing in my universe
- Heisenberg was wrong. I’m certain about what you’re doing tonight.
- I’m attracted to you like the Earth is attracted to the Sun – with a large force inversely proportional to the distance squared
- Other guys might say your eyes shine like stars, but can they explain why they shine with equal brightness?
- You’re the Higgs Boson of my life, because without you my universe won’t “matter”
- Can I have your significant digits?
- You and Me = Grand Unification
- You can call me a gamma ray, because I will penetrate anything.
- Your smile is warmer than hydrogen plasma
- Let’s exchange fermions!
- Does your skin feel burnt? Because I think you must have just fallen down from heaven, and re-entry would have caused some problems for you.